Agnostics International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wearing of face masks

2 posters

Go down

Wearing of face masks Empty Wearing of face masks

Post by Bill Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:27 pm

A local wearer of a MAGA hat explained the position quite clearly of the "its my choice alone" brigade:

"If I don't wear a mask, it is possible that a virus I am carrying will kill you. That is a risk I am willing to take."
Bill
Bill
Admin

https://agnosticsint.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wearing of face masks Empty Re: Wearing of face masks

Post by chapabel Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:47 pm

If you are concerned about catching a virus from someone, you are more than welcome to get vaccinated and wear a mask yourself. If vaccines and masks work you won’t get sick.

Don’t feel obligated to wear a mask for me though. You take care of you, and I’ll take care of me.
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:27 pm

I am vaccinated and boosted, but I still am capable of infecting your child. Thank you for your permission for me to do so.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:34 pm

My child is my concern, not yours. If I'm that concerned about my child getting COVID, I'll have them vaccinated, I'll put a mask on them or I can keep them at home away from everyone who might infect them. You should not be forced to wear a mask just because of my concerns. In the same manner, I shouldn't be forced to wear a mask because you have concerns about your health. Live and let live, right? Isn’t that the agnostic way?
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:19 pm

We tend to go for "love thy neighbor" and if an authorized body like the CDC says masks are necessary, no pip squeak judge should step in and say "you have no authority to make such an order".
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:42 pm

The CDC does not have unlimited authority. They have not obtained dictator status. We have checks and balances to prevent any singular body from having total control. The CDC ironically enough is not following the science. The science shows most masks are NOT effective in preventing the spread of the virus. Masks are just another form of control the left wants to use. Wear a mask if you’re concerned about the virus. You have that right. But your right ends at my nose. You don’t want Christianity forced on you so don’t force your mask mandates on me.
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:15 am

Ironic, don't you think, that 53% of conservative evangelicals wish to turn the USA into a Christian theocracy while, according to Pew, even more oppose face masks on religious grounds (presumably because science has always been seen as the enemy of religious dogma) and about 80% of them say that women should have no rights in respect of their own uterus.

We seem to be in the process of creating a campaign slogan - "Noses yes, uteri no: because Jesus told me so"
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:59 am

Where did you get that 53% of evangelical Christians want a theocracy? In my 56 years I have never heard a Christian say that.

I fully believe women have the right to do what they want to with their uterus. I don’t believe a woman or anyone else has the right to murder an infant in the womb. Women can do as they wish as far as preventing pregnancies…Birth control pills, IUD, have the man use a rubber, whatever she wants to. But killing a baby should never be an option as birth control.
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:17 pm

Indeed, if everyone became homosexual we would not need any anti abortion laws. In the mean time not only should we force a 13 year old rape victim to carry the child to term, we should grant its father parental visiting rights, nicht wahr?
Bill
Bill
Admin

alka likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:44 pm

Homosexuality is a lifestyle that leads to extinction. By promoting such unGodly practices, you encourage the extinction of the human race.

As unfair as it would be for a 13 year old child to carry an unwanted pregnancy full term, it is equally unfair for the infant she is carrying to be killed. The child in the womb is innocent and undeserving of death. Should the father be granted visitation rights? God forbid. He is the one who should suffer death. He is the guilty party. If more rapists were executed we might see less rapes.

BTW, I’m still waiting for you to validate your claim that 53% of evangelical Christians want a theocracy in America.
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:50 pm

Calling something you disapprove of as being Ungodly tells me more about your self importance than some theologically accurate point of view.

Thou shalt not kill, unless you have done something that Chapabel abhors.

I simply quoted the result of pew poll. If I rediscover it, I shall send you the source.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:00 pm

God disapproves homosexuality. He commanded mankind not to do it. That makes it unGodly. My approval is irrelevant.

I would rather see a rapist executed and the child he fathered live. You apparently would like to see the opposite.

I’ll be waiting for evidence that 53% Christians want a theocracy.
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:09 pm

No he did not. You just made that up.

If you believe in the commandment thou shalt not kill you should not mangle it to make exceptions.

I answered your question, please let it drop now.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:12 pm

Bill wrote:No he did not.   You just made that up.
Hahaha…no that wasn’t me. God condemns homosexuality throughout the Bible. Do I need to post the scriptures from both OT and NT?
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:16 pm

Bill wrote:If you believe in the commandment thou shalt not kill you should not mangle it to make exceptions.
In Exodus 20 when God said thou shalt not kill, the Hebrew word for kill meant murder. God said if man sheds blood, then by man shall his blood be shed. God gives man the freedom to exercise capital punishment. Again, proper hermeneutics is essential in proper interpretation.
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:33 pm

That is pretty twisted logic. Reason trumps proper hermeneutics. You lose.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:50 am

It makes perfect sense. God is against the murder of innocent people. Unfortunately there are some crimes against humanity that deserve the death penalty.
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:54 pm

An all powerful god would not let things happen if it was against them. But we will recall that your god has been said to have killed innocents as collateral damage for he had no ability to save them
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:15 pm

God has the ability to save everyone. But some people don’t want to be saved. God will not force anyone in salvation. God has given each person a free will so they can choose for themselves. That free will also allows evil men to do evil things
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:34 pm

So he didn't have to kill those innocents as collateral damage but choose to do so. Thanks, but no thanks. If I ever come across a persuasive argument for the existence of a god, I do hope it will be one with more compassion to the human race.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:39 pm

You'll not find any more compassion than God sacrificing His Son for people He knew would reject Him. Jesus laid down His life so every person could be saved. He didn't just die for those who would be saved, but also for those, who like yourself, turn your noses up at Him. That, my friend, is the ultimate in love and compassion.

Until you show compassion for the innocent unborn, you really have nothing to say about others dying at God's hand.
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:48 pm

Well, you have proven once and for all that mask wearing is a matter of free will and government experts have no mandate to interfere with our free will.

I think I shall close this thread now.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chapabel Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:58 pm

To that I say, Amen!
chapabel
chapabel

Back to top Go down